Whimsical Faces and Mixed Media
We introduce this amazing season with an awesome workshop of whimsical faces and mixed media techniques! With gorgeous colors and a treasure of techniques to build and expand your whimsical girls, you're sure to feel the coolness and ease of creativity.
In this first, fun, easy and stress free project you’ll learn proportions of a whimsical face and facial features. With line drawing, washi tape and colored pencils we’ll make our first whimsy girl.
In this lesson I show you how I use shading on my line drawings to create volume and depth. We’ll transform our face into a whimsy fairy with a pixie cut.
Create a whimsical face, dress her with a crown made out of leaves and add interest by paying attention to line work and shading. We’ll add beautiful, distressed autumn colouring to make her complete!
Bonus Project: Autumn at Sea
Before starting the actual project in lesson 1, I demoed how I draw and shade a whimsical face on a separate page in my art journal. In this bonus lesson I go back to this demo page and finish the page with watercolours in a different colour scheme.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- develop line drawing skills to draw whimsical faces and features
- how to create volume and depth through shading
- how to add simple details to make your art “pop!”
- how to position features to affect the mood
- how to use simple shapes to get great results and whimsy details
- techniques that will empower you to make beautiful, whimsical faces again and again
- how to use a variety of tools and techniques to grow your arsenal of creative skills
Here’s what you can expect:
- Step-by-Step Mixed Media Tutorials
- Video Tutorials
- Work at your own pace.
- Wonderful for beginners or anyone who wants to expand their creativity and discover a different way to create.
- 3 amazing lessons, plus 1 BONUS lesson
Hi there! My name is Mariëlle Stolp. I live in the Netherlands with my daughters, my amazingly supportive husband and two naughty cats that are always trying to steal my supplies and ruin my attempts at filming tutorials. If weather permits I love to take a walk on the nearby beach and collect seashells with my youngest. And if not, I am more than happy to stay in and fill my journals with dreamy, boho-style or fairy-tale girls. I have three beautiful and bright daughters, so cute, giggly and sweet inspiration is always around. I love to share that with you!